Grit Interiors believes that beautifully curated interior design shouldn't be difficult for you and that you deserve a home that reflects your personality, design style and also functions well.
One of the primary benefits of Virtual Interior Design (also known as eDesign) is that you'll save time because your new space has been professionally designed for you, your home and the way that you live. Through a well-designed and interactive process, you will provide information about your room, style preferences and budget within a detailed online questionnaire. This will ensure your new interior is designed perfectly tailored to you.
To ensure this, you will also include photographs of the space we're planning along with measurements and any inspiration images you have.
You'll then be presented with two concept boards (Redesign) or one for my Refresh Service, these will be the proposed vision that will guide the direction of your space. You'll select the concept board that you like the most. You'll have an opportunity to request replacement of any items within the concept board up to a maximum of one replacement per item.
Once complete, you'll receive an updated concept board including an online Shopping List. The Shopping List will include direct links for you to purchase each of the products included in your eDesign service. You will also receive a floor plan layout and detailed instructions to style your newly designed space. In addition, you'll have direct access throughout the design process and an additional 60 days post-design support.
3D Photorealistic Renderings are also available as a stand-alone service. Renderings are perfect for clients who are looking for direction and inspiration but prefer to source their own products. Renderings also provide you with an opportunity to envision how your new space will look in advance and therefore are a great addition to Virtual Design Refresh or Redesign Services.
Why should I hire Grit Interiors?
I will provide a personalized Virtual Interior Design, based on your specific style, preferences and the way that you live. Each product in the Virtual Interior Design service that you receive will be selected just for you.
What are the benefits of using Grit Interiors Virtual Interior Design services to a full-service Interior Designer?
Virtual Interior Design (eDesign) provides an opportunity to bring a customized and timely design to you. This means that you will take some measurements, pictures, and order the materials and products yourself along with setting these products up once they're received. This may also include hiring professionals or completing other small projects for the space including painting and/or hanging wallpaper.
What services won't I receive through Virtual Interior Design that hiring a traditional Interior Designer would provide me with?
· In-home consultations
· Detailed measurements and photography
· Multiple flooring & tile/paint/wallpaper fabric/countertop selections brought to you to select from
· Custom cabinetry, drapery and furniture design
· Ordering of furniture, products and materials
· Project management
Will I receive a quality design hiring an online designer?
When you hire Grit Interiors you can be confident that you will receive the same attention to detail in the selection of products that you would receive in hiring a traditional full-service interior designer. The difference will only be in the amount of services provided to you as listed above. Each item will be personally selected for you, with an extremely high level of consideration to your style, choices, quality and budget as well as the space that it is being purchased for.
What are the benefits of hiring Grit Interiors for my design instead of doing it myself?
· You'll save time selecting furniture, accessories, light fixtures, rugs, paint, etc.
· The selections of the items for your space will be chosen with consideration to function and form including the elements of design. This means that your finished interior will be a well-designed space that has been exceptionally tailored and customized to you.
· Your design will exceed your expectations because your space will be designed to your specifications by someone who knows how to put your vision together.
· With an understanding of colour, texture, and pattern along with how they work together in a space, your new room will be perfectly coordinated.
· Your space will be designed to the measurements of your room and all selections will be made with consideration to this. Understanding size and scale, your new room will not only look great but function well too.
· With a well-designed room, and thoughtful selections made, your new space will serve you for years to come
How long will it take to receive my final e-Design from Grit Interiors?
After I receive your completed Questionnaire and payment along with photos, measurements and inspirational images, you will receive your completed design within 2-4 weeks (often sooner).
Factors that may influence and increase the delivery time of your design include:
· Changes to the information initially provided on the Questionnaire influencing the overall design selections.
· Delays in Concept Board and selection approval, in order for me to proceed with your design.
· Services that include multiple spaces/rooms (since each will complement each other in their final design)
· The level of customization that you have selected
Can I use Grit Interiors for my whole home or more than one room at a time?
Yes, absolutely! Please be sure to indicate each room you would like a Grit Interiors Virtual Design for when selecting the service you would like to purchase. You will need to complete a Questionnaire for each room. Please contact me if you have any questions before doing so or if you don't see exactly what you need.
Why are the Virtual Design Services structured at a fixed-rate price?
Traditional interior design is associated with hourly rates and percentages of total costs or at a cost per square foot. A fixed-rate structure allows for complete transparency. It also provides you with a clear budget for the remainder of your project.
How do I know that the fixed-rate price for each Virtual Interior Design Service is fair?
Each Grit Interiors service has been carefully priced in consideration of the time involved for the high level of customized service that you will receive. Each Grit Interiors service takes a considerable amount of time to tailor for each individual client. Dependent on the service(s) selected, these will include:
· Questionnaire Review and Research based on this information
· Two initial Concept Boards (2D) with Redesign (One for Refresh)
· Selection of all products and materials for the space (furniture, rug(s), art, & accessories
· Finalized Concept Board - all products and materials displayed
· Product Shopping List - with detailed information including direct links to purchase each item
· Floor Plan including furniture placement
3D Design Concept Board
· Client Communication throughout the process & 60 days post-design
· Product Substitutions (one per item) to ensure complete satisfaction
How will you select the products for my Virtual Interior Design Service?
To curate a well-styled design, it is best to shop from a number of sources and/or manufacturers. I will consider price, quality and customer reviews with every selection to ensure that both a beautiful design coupled with well-considered products are provided to you. Of course, if you have a favourite vendor, I'll certainly curate items from there too.
Will I be in communication with you throughout my e-Design project?
Absolutely! You are welcome to contact me at any time to discuss your project and we'll use an interactive online process for your design. To ensure that you receive the time and attention that you deserve, it is recommended that you schedule your telephone calls in advance. Understanding that every client has their preferred method of communication and busy lives, I encourage you to contact me however you prefer and at your convenience (email, telephone call or text). The design portal is a perfect for leaving comments.
How and when do I pay for my Virtual Interior Design?
After selecting the service that is best suited to you, electronic payment will be required, in full. Of course, if you're not sure which service is best for you, please contact me and we'll discuss ahead of your selection and payment.
Will you recommend specialized trades for me to complete painting or other services that may be required to complete my project (i.e. Electrician to hang light fixtures, etc)?
I highly recommend hiring only skilled and reputable trade persons and suggest using a reputable referral services when bringing any professional into your home.
What if I don't love my Virtual Interior Design?
I want every Grit Interiors client to be completely satisfied with their final design. If you're not, we'll work together to make sure that you are. You'll be able to request a revision for any of the products from the initial Concept Board that you choose prior to completion of your final Concept Board/Shopping List. However, if you're still not happy with the selections, additional substitutions are available as an add-on service at an hourly rate. I will be sure to get detailed information from you at the start of the project to understand your vision for your space from the beginning.